Thursday, March 4, 2010

Road to recovery

It’s been almost 4 weeks since ‘that morning’ and things are going as well as could be expected. My ribs still hurt...a lot. My shoulder stability doesn’t fill me with confidence but I’m working around it. I’ve done more time on the windtrainer in my garage that I care to mention and am getting out for a couple of rides on the road, albeit on my mountain bike. It feels a bit more stable until I stop moving (and feeling) like an old woman.

Being on the bike is not too bad but the first week back at work is a challenge. I’ve lost a lot of ‘massage fitness’ and the persistent injuries have me coming up with some different treating techniques. It never hurts to have a few more moves in the bag.

I am looking forward to getting back to racing but it’s going to be more of a psychological barrier than anything. If I go back racing too scared to take a tumble, it’s guaranteed I will end up in the dirt! So I’m just going to build up the confidence day by day until it all clicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment